How to Create a Personalized Enlightenment Plan
All that you need to give this world away in glad exchange for what you did not make is willingness to learn the one you made is false.(T13.VII.4:4)
To say that you are willing to learn the world you made, the illusion, is false is one thing, to mean it is another.
The mind which means that all it wants is peace must join with other minds, for that is how peace is obtained. And when the wish for peace is genuine, the means for finding it is given, in a form each mind that seeks for it in honesty can understand. Whatever form the lesson takes is planned for him in such a way that he can not mistake it, if his asking is sincere. But if he asks without sincerity, there is no form in which the lesson will meet with acceptance and be truly learned (W185.6)
You say you want Heaven on earth. You say you want the real world. To say it is one thing and to mean it is another. If you mean it, then you will be willing to learn the world you made is false. You must be willing to learn that the body is false, the personality self you think you are is false and the world and its stories are false. You must be willing to learn that everything you think is real is not.
How do you tell if you mean something or not? Your actions will tell you how sincere you are. For example, if you say you want to get sober using A.A. but you don’t go to meetings, you don’t have a sponsor and you aren’t working the Steps are you sincere?
If you sincerely want to learn that the world you made is false then that would mean you sincerely want to see the real world, that you sincerely want the peace of God, that you sincerely want to see your brother sinless and that you sincerely want to remember your Self and God. If this is sincerely your wish, then the Holy Spirit will guide you to that end. You will be shown the way. Guaranteed. A personalized enlightenment plan might be in order.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU MIGHT FIND IN A PERSONALIZED ENLIGHTENMENT PLAN
Read five pages of the Text and five pages of the Workbook daily.
1. The Course is the way we remember how to think with God. It is written in our native tongue. We may not understand it but it is the perfect tool to deprogram us from the ego thought system we have downloaded. We spent enormous effort and vigilance repeating and repeating the ego’s beliefs and concepts until we had obliterated our remembrance of God. We need to expend just as much effort and just as much vigilance to relearn or remember what we made a whole universe to forget. The Course has layers of understanding. The more you read it, the more is revealed.
Be in service.
1. Every time you read the Course it is a contribution to our one mind. It is an act of service to the whole.
2. You can also be in service by allowing the Holy Spirit to speak though you to others.
3. Give a copy of the Course once a month to someone or a copy of Disappearance of the Universe. If not that, then you could mention either one once a month to someone. Having had a spiritual experience with the Course, sharing it with other seemingly separated minds supports everyone.
Find a sponsor or a coach.
1. Look for someone who is more advanced than you are on the journey and ask them if they will sponsor you.
2. Along the same lines, join a group or a community. Your progress will be exhilarated by surrounding yourself with like-minded people who will challenge and support you. You are not alone.
Watch your mind for ego thinking and share it with your sponsor or coach. We are much too tolerant of mind wandering. If we are to stop addictively thinking with the ego we have to learn the difference between thinking with the ego and thinking with the Holy Spirit.
1. Keep a log or journal and record your ego reactions.
Develop a relationship with Jesus or the Holy Spirit.
1. Practice asking Jesus or the Holy Spirit what you should do, say, or think.
2. Practice listening and following.
3. There is a direct correlation between what you are valuing in the world and your ability to hear the Holy Spirit. The less you value the more you hear.
4. Journal to Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Don’t think about it. Just start writing. Do not analyze or judge what you have written, just let it flow. This can be a practice in disconnecting from the ego mind.
Remember that doing the lessons is a beginning. Then the real work begins. Having a structure and a support system is essential.