If you want mastery and I tell you the means to get it, and you don’t use the means, don’t let the ego tell you that the problem is you just don’t like the means. Don’t be fooled by that ego trick. The ego doesn’t care about the means. It is just violently opposed to the ends. Under no circumstances does it want you to be a master. That would be its undoing. It uses your belief in preference to keep you a prisoner of your self.
The ego doesn’t come right out and oppose mastery. Instead the ego might tell you, as it attempts to convince you that this particular means is not to your liking, “The Course is too difficult to understand. It is boring. There are more interesting easier ways…” Anything to keep you searching outside yourself, anything to keep you from this pure non-dualistic teaching. The truth is…
- You will become a master. It is God’s will and yours.
- The only choice you have is how long it will take you.
- You can become a master by using any number of means merely because you have assigned to that means the purpose of supporting you in achieving mastery.
- Jesus offers you a shortcut. A means that is a precise structured learning plan to achieve mastery as quickly as possible. A means based on pure non-dualism.
- Mastery is the experience of being your Self, of Oneness, of remembering Spirit. Mastery is also known as enlightenment, resurrection of the mind or salvation.
- This spiritual experience is ironically achieved through an intellectual process. It takes wise intellectual reasoned choices and concerted effort to bring about this experience. Mastering the Course and its concepts, forgiveness work and developing a relationship with the Holy Spirit are all essential.
- Mastery, enlightenment, resurrection of the mind or salvation (MERS) is waking up from the dream and recognizing the truth that has always been and will always be.
- When each seemingly separated mind has merged, when every mind that has dreamed thousands of lifetimes has reached this state of awakening from the dream, that is the Second Coming of Christ.
The Second Coming is the one event in time which time itself can not affect. For every one who ever came to die, or yet will come or who is present now, is equally released from what he made. In this equality is Christ restored as one Identity, in which the Sons of God acknowledge that they all are one. And God the Father smiles upon His Son, His one creation and His only joy. (W449.9.4)
- Once you attain MERS you are actually outside the dream– which means you are actually outside of time and space. You are beyond the split mind, in the Christ mind.
- When all minds are one, God takes the final step.
This is God’s Final Judgment: “You are still My holy Son, forever innocent, forever loving and forever loved, as limitless as your Creator, and completely changeless and forever pure. Therefore awaken and return to Me. I am your Father and you are My Son.” (W455.10.5)
- This world is a classroom. It is either a classroom for mastery where adults learn of their Identity in Christ, their Oneness, sinlessness and awakening, or it is a classroom where children learn to be special, separate and different, where they learn to play games of guilt, sin and death and learn to reach an ever deeper sleep.
You decide on the purpose of the classroom. The purpose you assign to it will determine your experience of it and your results. You can be a happy peaceful learner of mastery or a panicked, terrified, powerless puppet of the ego, learning the dance of death. Your choice.
If you decide to use this classroom for MERS, our learning plan is simple:
- Study the Course.
- Practice true prayer.
- Practice true forgiveness. Practice not making the illusion real.
- Develop a relationship with the Holy Spirit and follow His guidance, accepting His correction.
- Support your brothers as directed by the Holy Spirit, as they journey home to God. Teach and learn.
- Surrender all your plans, goals and interpretations. Those belong to the ego (HMPF). The Holy Spirit has the right-minded plan, goal and interpretations. They are fool proof. It is God’s will and yours that you succeed, and you will, guaranteed.
The plan is simple but not necessarily easy. Have faith that you have chosen and been chosen because you can do this. Together we will blaze a trail, lighting the way for our brothers, home to God.
Enlightenment – DU267
- Completely awakened from the dream.
- Still appear to be in body.
- You will “see” the real world.
- “See” it when you have completely forgiven the world.
- Real world has no projections of unconscious guilt upon it.
- You will see innocence everywhere.
- It will be your innocence you see everywhere- the innocence of Christ.
- What J saw- what he teaches you now to see.